"Our Miki, 7 months old, spent the day at the Vet on IV fluids and charcoal to flush out an ingestion of a narcotic substance. During a walk around the neighbourhood, Miki, as young puppies do, picks up a multitude of “good stuff”. We’ve taught him “Drop It” and generally he does. We suspect he picked up marijuana without us seeing him do so. An hour after we got home, he couldn’t stand, didn’t know us, and was trembling. At the Vet, we find out his blood pressure and heart rate are very low, and the treatment begins. Thankfully, our little Miki is back home!

Huge Thanks to Grey Bruce Pet Hospital .....your compassion, knowledge, and quick action is so greatly appreciated!"

Soon after Trudy Moyse posted this,  another warning was added by a helpful reader:

"Be on the lookout for:
Gum wads. Because Xylitol. Xylitol is extremely toxic to dogs. Even small amounts of xylitol can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), seizures, liver failure or even death in dogs. It did not end well for her dog, sorry to say.
It's in sugarless gum...and how many people are always spitting out their gum on the street?"

Good advice from your Owen Sound neighbours.