City

hub-logo-white

middle-header-city

OS-fire-full

The Owen Sound Fire and Emergency Services responded to a west side retirement home this morning as a result of an electrical failure in a light fixture.
Care staff responded quickly by moving the residents away from the small fire. The fire alarm was activated and alerted the Fire Department. The fire was contained to the light fixture, and any smoke remained inside the building.
Each care facility in Ontario must ensure staff are trained in their roles and responsibilities in the event of the fire.
In this instance, the staff at the home followed the fire safety plan and the building did what it was designed to do. The Owen Sound Fire and Emergency Services would like to commend the staff at the facility for their response to the incident this morning.


osmeeting-top2

council-bottom

Hub-Bottom-Tagline

CopyRight ©2015, ©2016 of Hub Content
is held by content creators