Life

hub-logo-white

middle-header-life2

alzheimers walkInvestors Group Walk for Alzheimer's events will be taking place on Saturday May 12th in Hanover, Owen Sound, and Saugeen Shores.

At each event registration will open at 9am with the walks starting at 10am. In Owen Sound the walk takes place at Kelso Beach Park. In Hanover it is happening at the Sulphur Springs Conversation area, and in Saugeen Shores it will be on the Fairy Lake Trail. People can register as individuals or as teams at www.walkforalzheimers.ca

Executive Director, Stephen Musehl says "registration is up this year. That's very important. We want to connect with as many people as possible because we are raising money, but we're also trying to raise awareness."

A recent survey of Canadians revealed that 46% of us would be uncomfortable telling family members if we had dementia and 1 in 5 people would avoid seeking help for as long as possible.

Musehl wants people to know that if you or a loved one has a diagnosis of dementia there are things you can do to live a quality life for a long time especially when diagnosed early on. He continued "while there is currently no cure for dementia there are many things that can be done to improve an individual's quality of life and the first step is changing our perception of the disease."

The Investors Group Walk for Alzheimer's is the largest annual fundraiser for the Alzheimer Society of Grey-Bruce. All funds raised will remain local to support programs and services for individuals living with dementia and their families. While about 60% of the Alzheimer Society's funding is provided by the SWLHIN, they are responsible for fundraising the other 40%.

source: media release, Alzheimer Society of Grey-Bruce

rielheader

rielfooter

viral-vidtop-copy

viral-vidtop-bottom

Hub-Bottom-Tagline

CopyRight ©2015, ©2016, ©2017 of Hub Content
is held by content creators