Police

hub-logo-white

Police-header

hanoverpolice

The Hanover Police Service has learned that a 57-year-old man from Hanover has died as the result of a lethal dose of Carfentanil.

On May 31st 2019, police officers with the Hanover Police Service were dispatched to attend a Hanover residence where they found the deceased man inside his apartment in the 500 block of 8th Avenue in the Town of Hanover.

On July 11th 2019, the toxicology report indicated that the deceased died from lethal doses of Carfentinil. This is the second death this year in Hanover that has resulted from lethal doses of Carfentinil. It is believed that the lethal doses were mixed with methamphetamine or fentanyl.

Carfentinal is an opioid used by veterinarians for very large animals such as elephants. It is not for human use. It is approximately 100 times more toxic than fentanyl and 10,000 times more toxic than morphine.

The Hanover Police Service is warning the public that Carfentinal is extremely dangerous and trace amounts can result in death.

Carfentinal can easily be cut into illicit drugs with the user having no easy way to know if the drugs they are taking contains it. Carfentinal cannot be seen; you cannot taste it or smell it. The only true way of protecting oneself from coming into contact with this dangerous drug is to avoid taking any illegal substance from any source.

source: media release, Hanover Police


Header 02

Footer 01

Police-video-top

Police-video-bottomX400

Hub-Bottom-Tagline

CopyRight ©2015, ©2016, ©2017 of Hub Content
is held by content creators