board room

Are you interested in helping to shape the decisions affecting Owen Sound? If so, consider volunteering as a member on a City Board or Committee.

The City of Owen Sound considers volunteers to be one of the City’s most valued community resources. City Council invites persons wishing to serve as a member on a Board or Committee to submit an application to the Deputy Clerk. Application forms are due December 7, 2018 and are available in the Clerk’s Office or on the City's website.

The following Boards and Committees have vacancies for terms beginning February 1, 2019:

· Accessibility Advisory Committee

· Committee of Adjustment

· Community Services Committee

· Corporate Services Committee

· Economic Development & Tourism Advisory Committee

· Grey Sauble Conservation Authority

· Operations Committee

· Owen Sound & North Grey Union Public Library Board

· Owen Sound Police Services Board

· Tom Thomson Art Gallery Advisory Committee. - This one does not appear to be on the website today, but the application would be the same - just indicate that you are applying for the TOM.  The committee's mandate is as follows -

"As representatives from the arts community and the community at large, the Advisory Committee acts as public oversight of the Gallery operations. The Committee provides feedback from the community to Council about the Gallery’s exhibitions, collection, educational activities and outreach. As Gallery ambassadors, the Committee informs the community about the Gallery’s activities and events."

The Tom’s website is at for further info.

A description of the above noted Boards and Committees and the Committee meeting calendar can be viewed on the City's website.

source: media release, City of Owen Sound




CopyRight ©2015, ©2016, ©2017 of Hub Content
is held by content creators