fire-os-police-fullA 78-year-old Owen Sound woman who died in an apartment fire at 305 14th Street West on December 28th, has been identified as Julia Ann Leslie. She was extricated without vital signs from her 8th floor apartment, by members of the Owen Sound Fire Services. Life-saving efforts were attempted by paramedics at the scene, but were unsuccessful. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish and contain the smoldering fire, which originated in the deceased's apartment unit.

A joint investigation by the Coroner's Office, Office of the Ontario Fire Marshal and Owen Sound Police Criminal Investigation Branch has determined that the deceased died from smoke inhalation. The investigation concluded that the fire was started by a lit cigarette. Foul play has been ruled out.

Source - Owen Sound Police Service



CopyRight ©2015, ©2016, ©2017 of Hub Content
is held by content creators